Check out The Twin Source's growing list of tips to create a greener household. We are living proof that these measures are easy enough for even a busy mother of twins to take!
Researcher and Malibu Mom Melanie:
- Use only cold water for doing laundry.
- Use washrags for cleaning instead of paper towels.
- Buy whole foods—avoid processed not only for your health but to better the environment.
- And lastly—and of course—recycle!
Twin Mom Carrie: We reuse glass sparkling water bottles instead of purchasing plastic bottles of water. We fill the glass bottles with filtered water from our tap and store them in the fridge to grab on the go. After each use, we run them through the dishwasher. It's great for the environment and so much cheaper than buying bottled water by the case.
Twin Mom Lauren: We use all-natural cleaning products. It became important to me to use green products when I saw the twins putting toys in their mouths and crawling all over the floors!
Twin Mom Maritza:
- When making school lunches, pack the food in reusable containers instead of plastic baggies.
- We buy organic milk from a local dairy farm. We put a deposit down for the glass containers, and we take them back when we buy more.