- A fan for white noise and circulation.
- A twin bed so you can rest after feedings.
- Lots of hand sanitizer! Anyone touching the babies needs to sanitize their hands.
- A changing area at waist height to protect your back.
- A small lamp to shine just a bit of light.
- Music, both soothing and fun. Babies love to be sung to.
- Sleep sacks. Keep them bundled, and remember that not all babies like to be swaddled. If you are comfortable with it, keep the babies in the same crib as long as possible. They need and love each other from the beginning.
Nurse Chickie, The Twin Source house RN, has almost three decades of nursing experience beginning with pediatrics in 1982, and more love for her “grandbabies” than two little twins can handle.
Always remember, the information contained on The Twin Source is not intended for medical diagnosis. Any medical information found on this site should be discussed with your health care professional. Always consult your doctor for any medical advice.