- Your first newborn visit should occur about two days after going home from the hospital and should include a head-to-little-baby-toes exam. The babies will be weighed and measured, and they might need to get shots.
- Bring any questions or new-mommy concerns you may have. Ask away! Write down your questions in advance so you don’t forget them. You may also want to write down the doctor’s answers so you can refer to them later.
- Ask for breast-feeding/nursing assistance if you need it.
- Ask for samples of formula and any coupons the office has to offer.
- Bring Daddy with you for support and so you can talk through any concerns together as a team.
Nurse Chickie, The Twin Source house RN, has almost three decades of nursing experience beginning with pediatrics in 1982, and more love for her “grandbabies” than two little twins can handle.
Always remember, the information contained on The Twin Source is not intended for medical diagnosis. Any medical information found on this site should be discussed with your health care professional. Always consult your doctor for any medical advice.