- It is very important to have a schedule the first few weeks.
- You and your partner should take turns caring for the babies.
- Don’t worry about doing everything perfectly. The most important thing is that your twins feel loved and secure. It really does not matter if the diaper is on backwards. Just love your babies!
- Remember that your hormones will be going crazy. You will be too excited to sleep and too happy to cry, but you will cry just because you are so tired.
- Try to get at least a four-hour block of sleep every day.
- Accept any offers of help—dinners, cleaning, etc.—that come your way. Your friends and family want to help you!
- It’s okay not to have any visitors in the first couple days or weeks. You won’t have much free time, and you’ll need what free time you do have to sleep and heal.
Nurse Chickie, The Twin Source house RN, has almost three decades of nursing experience beginning with pediatrics in 1982, and more love for her “grandbabies” than two little twins can handle.
Always remember, the information contained on The Twin Source is not intended for medical diagnosis. Any medical information found on this site should be discussed with your health care professional. Always consult your doctor for any medical advice.