So this is it. Yep. You are here because you want to know all about twin labor and delivery. This area will be growing at a similar rate as your twin belly bump. We delve deeply into Twin Mom Carrie’s story but will be adding posts about other Twin Moms’ experiences as well.
Here’s some advice as you approach the final days of your pregnancy:
- Listen to your doctors; they know best. If you are uncomfortable with what a doctor tells you, of course seek a second opinion. But in your final days, your doctors are the experts and will be doing all they can to take care of your babies and you.
- Go on your hospital tour, and go early. The tour will give you a chance to get familiar with the hospital surroundings, which should provide you with some comfort during your experience. Try to go toward the end of your second trimester in case you are put on bed rest later in your pregnancy.
- Fill out your admissions paperwork in advance. The hospital will provide you with this when you go for your tour.
- Pack your hospital bag properly and early. Our list of What To Pack for Your Hospital Stay can help.
- Don’t stress too much if not everything at home is “ready.” At this point, your life is about to change for good—for great, even. The closet will get organized eventually.
- Listen to your body and your heart. The last days carrying twins are tough. You will be enormous, exhausted, and restless all at the same time. Listen to your body, and take care of yourself as best you can.